CHANDELIER MAKEOVER - roadside ufo





During the holidays I put the word out we were
looking for a chandelier to revamp. We received
word quickly about someone who had put a couple
light fixtures at roadside about 8 minutes away.
So I hopped in the truck.











 I saw something on the road side and quickly stopped at the address and loaded it in the truck. I had
 no idea even what I had picked up other then the dozen or so balls surrounding the top. I headed to
 the mall to finish some Christmas shopping and once I got parked I snapped 2 photos.
 


Not until I tipped it up did I see all the glamorous bottom, turned out to be 75 prism balls.



I dismantled it, washed everything, rebuilt it with a few parts left behind,
painted the metal with a silver spray paint, I rewired it and added this drum shade ($12.99),
It is now installed it in our new dressing room.

 




Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. Hi
    I looked at your side tables, the are so nice, i see several things that i like in your blog, so I would like to follow your blog.
    I am from Norway, started blogging in october 2010.
    Take a look at my blog.
    Nice to follow blogs in other parts of the world.
    Mette (Fru R.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation of this roadside UFO... ha! It's beautiful now!! :)

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the comments work now!! I'm featuring this on my blog today...congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so fabulous!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, The light is wonderful. It now looks like a very high end designer piece. Love it!
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ps: I am now following

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous transformation! Love it...Want it!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea!! You sure have an eye...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this chandelier! What a beautiful find. I found you through Donna's Copy Me event...if you haven't posted it already, I think this would be great for the MMS part. It's elegant and really fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talk about an outdated ugly duckling into a work of art and so beautiful. My hats off to you lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fabulous! It looks so chic and classy now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...you really have great vision! That is just so beautiful and is great for up close to the ceiling! Beautiful!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great find! LOVE what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!