PALE PROVENCE CHAIR

Officially today is the first day of summer!! YIPPEE
I am writing to you this morning fresh out of the shower, towel on my head, white terry
 robe, eating bananas in raisin bran, looking out the window in anticipation ...
 only to see another miserably wet day.

Most of this week has been wet and unsettled but it makes for great inside play time.
Which is what I have been doing working on these chairs I shared with you yesterday.




PALE PROVENCE CHAIR


I finished one of the chairs using ASCP Provence and Old White.
The frame was first painted in Provence, then in a light blue made from
mixing Provence and Old White. The carved details were then hand painted with
old white.


You can see the bright blue of the Provence peaking through the light blue.


 Now to address some of the upholstery questions I have been getting about these chairs.

Cotton batting to soften the edges of the seat.

The chair backs needed new foam so I cut new 1" thick pieces that fit the shape.
The upholstery I used is heavy cotton twill drop cloth.


And finally off white gimp was used to trim the seat and back. 

  
***********************************
Here are some unique hardware pieces available at

 
 
 
 
 

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the colours and the neutral drop cloth. I will definitely keep this in mind(pinning it) in case I am lucky enough to find similar chairs. (Kicking myself that I gave away a set of four in 2008/pre-blogging lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful chair, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I LOVE the color! I have a French provincial arm chair I started working on over a year ago. I intended to put it in my living room but never got a chance to finish it. I am in the midst of renovating my master bedroom and am going to use the chair in there instead. The walls are a soft blue and I have been thinking about repainting the chair the same soft blue with a white wash over it, and finishing it off with a light distressing. Now that I see your chair I am going to go ahead with my plan. Your chair is just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!