Thursday

STAYING CALM WHILE BARGAINING


 
Last week we ended up at very cool yard sale at one of those houses out in the country
where the owner decided to empty the dusty dirty contents of the old shed into the driveway
and see what they could get for it all.
 
 
I bought 4 of these solid wood carved chairs, and yes I could barely contain myself as I tried to stay calm
during the bargaining process. Calmly remind yourself each of those nail heads has to be pulled
and will probably take a few hours of your life away, not to mention in hailing that musty shed smell.
TIP: Quickly in your head figure out your top dollar you would pay per chair and start with a much lower offer.
 
 
This one is nicknamed the Glamorous Grey.
It has 3 different colors of paint, the base is medium grey, the second coat is light grey,
and the final color, dark grey was handpainted on the carved details.
 
 
Here is a peak at the Pale Provence Chair.
Each chair takes countless hours to rework and one chair had to be rebuilt.
By the time I am done you shouldn't be able to tell it from the others.
I'm doing them all in different colors and I'll be sharing all the paint colors
and technics I used over the next week.
 

Would you like to receive a copy of my daily posts to your inbox? Subscribe here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
Pin It! Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME, Kristy, just AWESOME!

    La Verne @ hopeandsalvage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these chairs! The details are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie! Your workmanship on the chair is remarkable! I believe you really DO LOVE WOOD!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It's so hard to remain calm when you know you've found a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I love your chair. It is just beautiful! I would have had a hard time containing myself too!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes
    PS-Would love to have you link this up to Saturday Sparks. Links open till Friday.

    ReplyDelete

All questions and comments come directly to my email. I do my best to answer questions as soon as I can and your wonderful comments drive me to build and share more projects as much as I can. THANK YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Adsense