MAKING FURNITURE TALLER - carved bedside tables






Sometimes you can add legs to 
your furniture to get more height
but other times you can't. This time I had to come up with an alternative plan to get these
bedside tables taller.






These cabinets were only 24" tall, much too short for how
fancy they were. I got one and a half inches from adding a set
 of casters. I did this by drilling holes in the very center of the
 leg bottoms to install the metal collar the wheels slide
 into. 



After the wheels were all installed I took the tops
 of the cabinets off and found I could built a wood frame
 underneath that would add another one and a half inches.


They were sprayed in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Old White, 
before a coat of ASCP clear wax. I detailed them with Minwax
 dark wax to show off the carvings. I chose the Minwax
because it is a softer brown than AS dark wax.

**************************************************************



Hope this inspires you if you need
to make a furniture piece taller.

********************************************
all your hardware needs for finishing off your next
shabby chic project.

 
 
 
 


       



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware