A BENCH MADE FROM CHAIRS and more shabby chic switch plates




If you are thinking of creating a bench from
a pair of chairs I'm here to offer a tip or two
on how it can be done easy by steering you
in the right direction.






BEFORE



I have built a lot of benches in my time and some can be hard and some can be easy.
The squareness of these pine chairs I chose for this next bench project made it simple to screw
them together, side by side. I also chose pine slats for the seat portion, screwing them down on the 
ends. Pine is a soft wood and is easy to drill and screw into. Keep it simple and when adding 
something repeat the existing pattern that is already there. In this case the seat boards are in the
same style as the backs of the chairs. It looks intentional and meant to be.
A solid board on the seat would look out of place.


I painted the bench with Annie Sloan's Provence Blue, distressed it
with 80 grit sandpaper before clear waxing it.


It is a perfect way to recycle old chairs for a new life. We all use benches on the porch, in the
entry, at the dining table, at the foot of the bed, or even in a large bathroom.
Take advantage of the construction that already exists and make it work for your home.
Don't over think this project.



********************************************

Have you stopped into firstfinds hardware store lately?
Here are just some of the items available for your projects.


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. We are wanting a bench for our little patio...this is sooo perfect..I hope I can find 2 chairs alike...thanks so much. and AS Provence is my favorite color of hers.....

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!