PAINTING AN ANTIQUE DINING TABLE



Our first dinner at this table ended up being
rather nice. We had been working all afternoon
getting ready for the first snow fall of the year.
Rolling up hoses, readying the walk ways for
a fresh covering of snow. I had also started a
pot of chicken soup earlier and in between
tasks I would find my way back to check on
it. Sitting down to a nice warm bowl after a
long day is always great but for me it got even
better when GG told me he found his ring
while cleaning his vehicle. It is not of
great value but for us it hurt deeply when
it went missing.




About the time that I gave that ring to GG was when I bought this table at a yard sale.
I cleaned her up and painted her later that same year, for use in a retail store for display.
Now several years have passed and she has come home just as beautiful as ever.


She was made with some nice solid ANTIQUE wood but I was not the first to paint her.
While stripping the old finish off the top I created something new and beautiful.
I'm going to keep that process to myself but I will say it is finished with AS wax,
and no other sealers.




I did use chalk paint on the table, top and bottom.
The bottom was done in white followed by a light turquoise. 
Then clear waxed before dark waxing. Lots of distressing with sand paper
throughout the process to get the different levels to show through.



And we are having our first snow day


********************************************

Have you stopped into firstfinds hardware store lately?
Here are just some of the items available for your projects.









Pin It Now!

2 comments:

THANK YOU ALL!