SPRAY PAINTING A WOODEN CHAIR - turquoise wood chair



The plan for this chair was to donate him to a charity auction
makeover event, but the description of eligibility was to also have a fabric seat. Needless to say he didn't qualify and had to stay with me for a makeover of my choosing.


SWHI - single white
with some hygiene issues


I gave him a good shower, a scrub behind the ears, and worked out some of the rough spots.


I mixed a fun color of turquoise using chalk paint and sprayed him.


There was no creaking or groaning from this guy
because of the metal rods that had been built into the frame work.


The next step to this mini makeover was to sand back some of the paint
layers to expose the thick white enamel paint underneath.


The more I worked at it the more wood I liked showing thru.


Minwax paste finishing wax was used to give him baby soft skin.



That's how you spray paint a wooden chair turquoise.

My rugged and handsome chair is now perfect added to this ladies writing desk.





Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. this is just over the top fabulous! the chair is absolutely gorgeous and the cause is amazing!!!! this is just something that is WONDERFUL -- thank you for sharing and thank you for helping! KUDOS -- this makes my heart happy happy happy!!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color! It reminds me of Easter candy. Someone is going to be very lucky to get this.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Cute story too. Very fun color. Thanks for sharing. Did you make any life changing decisions yet? I hope I see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely turned out! I was scrolling down and was enjoying your every word. I got some pieces and wanna make them new and good match with my existing furniture, see here,I hope to have great redo as shown above. Thanks much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!