#2 VENEER - rebuilding missing veneer




Here's the second article of the VENEER series.
*links to all articles are listed at the end of this article*

This article explains how to fill small areas
of missing veneer for painted furniture




Below is a missing bit of veneer I am going to work on.


I start by sanding any loose bits away.


I made a nice big fat centipede of wood filler.


I gently flatten out the filler, over-filling the area.

****************************


****************************
I let it harden really good, a whole day worked best.


I needed it to be solid because now I am going to sand it smooth.


I sanded the edges too.


Then I was ready to paint and I was finished.



If you need to fill an area on a piece you are not painting, wood filler does come in different wood
colors or you must fill the area with a new piece of veneer.
Usually that is done by cutting out a squared shape so a
new squared piece of cut veneer will fit snugly.


Thanks for following along with my VENEER series



Article #3  bubbled veneer 

Article #4 removing veneer



********************************
Advertisement
vintage switch plates
 vintage hardware


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware