SCROLLED WOOD WORK - Parlour Table

 
 
Okay this post can't wait any longer.
It is long over due as I finished this table, Parlour Table that is, days ago.
However I have lost the before picture.
I know there was one taken I have seen it, but do you think I can find it ... NO!
 
 
So with your imagination think hard about a simple yet dark oak wobbly table.
Have you got the image in your mind?
Well it won't work if you keep looking at the nice ornate white one I am showing you.
Close your eyes and think hard.
 
 
I painted it in old, distressed the edges, and waxed it with Minwax.

 
But before doing all the pretty stuff I had to make the table strong and stable again.
I tightened every joint possible with clamps and glue but it still shifted to and fro,
and it needed a little character added.

 
That's where the fancy bits come in.
The scrolled wood work you see at the back
stabilized the shifting and took a ho hum piece of furniture and made it attractive.
My scrolled wood work was purchased while on a road trip into the US,
and it was a second hand find and I still have 2 more of them to play with.
Maybe one day I will get a scroll saw and try my hand at creating these lovely designs.

 
As you can see I didn't stop there,
I also cut up some more of those plastic wall decorations to add some ornate details
at the front edges of both shelves.
 
 
She has now found a new home.
 
 
Stop in to see what's new in shabby chic white hardware available at firstfinds.
There are over 1000 pieces of used hardware to choose from
 
 
 
 
 
 

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

THANK YOU ALL!