THE FARMHOUSE MERCANTILE CABINET - white washed finish



This cabinet was a donated piece
of furniture, but when dropped off
it was in a few parts. It had lived a 
good long life and the owner wanted
it to keep going, so I started rebuilding
her.




   

THE REPAIRS

The drawers needed small repairs and some guides needed
replacing so they would work properly. Two completely
stripped wood doors arrived with the cabinet but it didn't
 have any shelves or bottom to the open cupboard. I fitted a
new bottom and installed the doors with some blacksmith hinges. 

   

THE FINISH

I painted the interior of the cabinet in a rich cream color and
 hand waxed the inside. I used an Annie Sloan Cream &
 Pure White mix. I wanted to keep the flavor of the aged wood
 on the body and keep the doors in their natural state so I 
chose a white wash for the cabinet body. Next time I will
 explain the process of what I did to the doors.


****************************

LOOKING FOR THE SAME KIND OF 
HARDWARE USED ON THIS PROJECT ...
Stop in to see what's available at firstfinds.

1000's of pieces of recycled furniture
and cabinet hardware to choose from Etsy Shop.



 




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware